Monday, April 02, 2012

Random Thoughts to Kick Off April

Holy cow, it's April!!?!?!! What the heck am I in, a fast-forwarded time continuum? If you actually know about time continuum, please don't leave me comments about how I used this incorrectly. The rest of us know what I mean. I think. Thanks!

RT #1
I'm about to sound old but I can't believe how much memory you can get onto this cute little itty bitty stick. I remember when I bought a 1G stick for Mark about four years ago and it cost a little over $100. Yes. True. And now? 4 mobile gigs can be had for as little as $30 on sale. Wow.

Cutest flash drive ever

RT #2
I am pretty sure we used to have recycling pick-up here in Seguin but I can't swear to that. Anyway, I am just happy there's a place we can TAKE our recycling ourselves. So what it's only open 9-1pm Tuesday through Saturday. So what it's nearly impossible for me to work full-time and GBR and get recycling to the center without making at least four trips. So what I rode around with a TRUNK FULL (seriously, the man was sufficiently surprised and impressed I didn't toss it all) for over a week and unloaded it all to load Trade Days stuff and then reloaded all the recycling. Today I took it all in and was rewarded for my efforts.

City Recycling Center

I saw this hanging on one of the poles in the recycling center so I had to take a picture; I mean, what a welcome it provides, right? The man told me it's his mascot. Okay then. It really does a lot to add to the ambience - what with the fenced-in, barb-wire parameter and all.

Whoa! Seen at our City Recycling Center

RT #3
Bees don't live long typically, though it depends on the time of year. Spring time - maybe a few weeks because they literally work themselves to death. Pretty impressive. In winter, they might live longer a month or two I believe. So when they die, I wonder if it's like our old age. Do they just slowly run out of juice? Do they fly away to do some foraging and then just run out of juice out in the field? Is it quick or slow? Not sure. I've seen dead bees in the hive as well now and then but those typically get carried or pushed out by the maid bees, as I call them.

Poor bee - her time was up

RT #4
I have an iPhone 4S and I love it because I can keep myself current on all the social media (SM) I need and then some. I do the SM for GBR most of the time - I love being connected! More on that later. Anyway, the phone's "S" stands for Siri in case you don't know that (why would you know if you don't have one, right? I didn't for a while.) so that's what I call my phone. Siri has a great camera (8 megapixel, great for when you don't want to lug around the gigantic, aching-shoulders Nikon) and a big attitude. SUPPOSEDLY you can do voice commands and she tries to help you out. I once asked Siri to find me rest areas during a drive to Florida. After many attempts, she gave me a nursing home and a cemetery. Nice. Last week I switched her to an Australian accent just because I've always liked the sound of an Aussie. Well, unless you also speak with the accent, she understands you even less than a US English "accent." Oy. That Siri. I switched her back to regular vanilla. Boring. But at least she got my reminder right. For once.

Siri sets a reminder correctly

I'll stop here. My random thoughts could go on for a while. I hear we have a huge storm coming tonight and that tornadoes are in the Dallas area already. EXCITMENT!! This is one of the wetest springs in a long while!

No comments: