Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hearts, Hearts, Hearts

Chocolate Fortune Cookies

Happy V-Day everyone! I am glad I feel much better today, though after this I think I need to take a nap. I feel drained and tonight we have a church banquet we're going to attend. I was asked to take pictures and family portraits so I'm looking forward to that.

Above is what I gave Mark for V-Day. The hearts each contain one or two coupons which he has a year to redeem. Everything from dinner to car wash and etc. You get the drift. The chocolate covered fortune cookies were from HEB (of all places!!) and they were too cool and funny not to get. I gave my teammates at work each one also, along with their card. We really needed some love there after the layoffs this week. I'm so happy I'm still there! Here are some of the cards I made for them:

Handcrafted cards

Yea, those were a lot of hearts. I meant to count them to see how many I cut and quilled but I forgot. Oh well. I can take an estimate later. I crafted twenty of these cards and while it was a lot of work and took some time, it was also relaxing and helped me take my mind off work for a while. Mark gave me this awesome Vera Bradley Bowler bag --- can't wait to try it out after my nap. But it wasn't even my favorite gift. No. I also got one of the most wonderful love letters ever!!! I cried. I laughed. I think it deserves an Oscar! :)

The Hope Garden Bowler

No comments: