Thursday, January 19, 2012

Next Week Will Be Tet Already

App: tadaa
And I am not even going to be as ready as I would have been 5 years ago. There is no way I can have the house as clean and neat as I would like it to be unless I take off work and do nothing else but prepare between now and Monday. Yikes. That's not going to happen so we'll do the best we can. Tomorrow is work and then prepare ourselves for bee class Saturday morning. Then maybe a visit to the gym before they close. Saturday evening will be for taking stock of equipment to see what we need to purchase (hopefully not much) and ... hmm ... there was some other big bee biz thing we said we'd do but I can't recall. Oh yes, look at the application for submitting an Adult Continuing Education course with Comal County. We're going to write up something for GBR. This reminds me of the fun days of knitting class with Sary in SA. The teacher was horrid as a teacher but a great knitter. Somehow Sary and I got through it, as everyone else in class, and we went on to teach a LOT of other friends. And out of that, the Knit Night social gatherings were born. Seems like a long time ago right now.

Back to Tet. At least I have door decorations and sweets this year! Hooray for trips to and through Houston. I love that 99 Market - so conveniently located along IH-10. :) Now, gotta get to bed. I need an early start tomorrow. The other job requires some data pulled together for a 2p meeting. I feel like I'm in college a bit. At least I have until 2p to finish my data gathering assignment. Nighty night.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've been thinking about you with Tet coming up. Hope you aren't stressing too much over preparations!
I also look back fondly at our knitting class, even though the instructor taught us how to cast on incorrectly. Maybe when you are a former CIA member from an Amish background and only knit German patterns you get confused when it comes to teaching a class. Ha! I haven't been knitting so much lately, but I am really glad I know how. Maybe I will take another class to learn to do something fancy like socks.
Missing you lots. Chúc mừng năm mới.

Unknown said...

Tet went fine and I still miss celebrating with you guys at the library. :) Oh the crazy life of a knitting instructor! I totally forgot all about the super secret CIA stuff. lol. wow.