Friday, February 10, 2012

What I have

Poppies in black and white
Lately there has been a lot of illness and death around me and while I'm deeply saddened when we lose a dear friend or when someone, like my mom, is seriously ill, I am reminded that I have to appreciate what I have right now. So here are just SOME of the things I take note of daily so that I don't take them for granted.
  • I have good health.
  • I have a great relationship with my best friend and soul mate.
  • I have a lot of loving, caring people in my life.
  • I have a job that provides what we need and more.
  • I have eyes that allow me to see the sun rise and set each day.
  • I have ears that heard beautiful drops of rain outside my home this morning.
  • I have cameras that let me capture images of things that capture me.
  • I have the freedom to share whatever I want.
  • I have faith, love and peace.
  • I have adventures daily.
  • I have laughter that lifts my spirits even when things look kind of gray.
  • I have THINGS but I don't let them rule me.
I'm pretty thankful. But now, hearing other people's concerns, fears, troubles...I try to be even more aware of the good things in my life and not take them for granted. My worst days are still many times better than some people's best day. My mom being ill is worrisome but I have a dear friend who has her mom recovering from surgery, her stepmom near death in hospice and her mother-in-law recently moved into a nursing home, and herself also recovering from surgery. The load on her shoulders is so heavy that my heart aches for them all. It's a hard time for many. But at least we are alive to experience it together and to learn from it all. We just have to take what we are learning and make it meaningful. <3

No comments: